Top 5 stocks to buy now or later? These are the stocks that I regretted I didn’t discover way earlier and able to foresee the hidden potential of the companies. It was way cheaper 5 years ago, and it has grown more than 100%, some even 200% now and they are still going very strong in the stock market.
I started my value investing journey since 2014, back then I was too afraid to place my money into the share market and fear has kept me away from the good opportunities. Well, that’s life, we got to accept somehow we have to miss something good in our life.
There is this inspiring wisdom found in this old Chinese proverb:
“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
Let’s take a look at what I have here, and there are all in my portfolios. Nothing too complicated to understand.
Hi = highest price, Then = 5 years ago, Now = Price now
Ross Stores, Inc.
My personal view: Ross Stores are not much affected by the stock market fluctuation thus far. Rost has come down to $77 on last December and now back up again. No doubt on the business model, it seems very stable and growing strong. Every month they are continually expanding their business, open up more and more stores. At the same time some GUESS and GAP retail stores are closing down, perhaps more customers will consider buying more affordable daily wear at the Ross stores.
- on Track to Add Approximately 100 New Stores in 2019
- and its operate two subsidiaries brands of off-price retail apparel and home fashion stores-Ross Dress for Less (Ross) and dd’s DISCOUNTS.
- off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States, 1,502 stores and the latter 243 stores across the U.S.
- offers in-season, name brand and designer apparel, accessories, footwear, and home fashions for the entire family at savings of 20% to 60% off department and specialty store regular prices every day.
- operated 193 dd’s DISCOUNTS stores in 15 states as of 2017
- owned and operated six distribution processing facilities-three in California, one in Pennsylvania, and two in South Carolina.
My take: This is the most regretted stock that I didn’t buy-in. The reason being, I was over engross with AAPL, being too obnoxious about totally supporting Apple products. The right thing to do is to open up to the potential, profitable business, rather than focus too much on my personal preference only. If you look at the bigger picture, most companies will be more able to afford a PC than and Apple iMac in the long run. SIMPLE. I still love both companies eventually.
- develops, licenses, and supports a range of software products, services, and devices.
- segments include Productivity and Business Processes, Intelligent Cloud and More Personal Computing.
- products include operating systems; cross-device productivity applications; server applications; business solution applications; desktop and server management tools; software development tools; video games, and training and certification of computer system integrator and developers.
- designs, manufactures and sells devices, including personal computers (PCs), tablets, gaming and entertainment consoles, phones, other intelligent devices, and related accessories, that integrate with its cloud-based offerings.
- offers an array of services, including cloud-based solutions that provide customers with software, services, platforms, and content, and it provides solution support and consulting services.
My take: The Motley Fool claimed: “Shares of the artificial intelligence chip leader got walloped last year, but are climbing their way back in 2019.” Yahoo Finance claimed, “NVIDIA is the market share leader in graphics processing unit (GPU) suppliers.”
NVIDIA went up to $281.02 in 2018 and down 38%, partly because of a slowdown in the data center business. NVIDIA stock is up 784% over the last five years, even the fall last year. Currently, NVIDIA focuses more on AI (Artificial Intelligent), more companies turn to graphics processing units (GPUs) to power the development of conversational AI, which I believe it will be a really big growth opportunity.
- focuses on personal computer (PC) graphics, graphics processing unit (GPU) and also on artificial intelligence (AI).
- operates through two segments: GPU and Tegra Processor. Its GPU product brands are aimed at specialized markets, including GeForce for gamers; Quadro for designers; Tesla and DGX for AI data scientists and big data researchers; and GRID for cloud-based visual computing users.
- Tegra brand integrates an entire computer onto a single chip and incorporates GPUs and multi-core central processing units (CPUs) to drive supercomputing for mobile gaming and entertainment devices, as well as autonomous robots, drones and cars.
- processor has created platforms that address four markets: Gaming, Professional Visualization, Datacenter, and Automotive. Its offerings include NVIDIA DGX AI supercomputer, the NVIDIA DRIVE AI car computing platform and the GeForce NOW cloud gaming service.
- On 11 March 2019, Nvidia announced a deal to buy Mellanox Technologies for $6.9 billion to substantially expand its footprint in the high-performance computing market.
My take: Starbucks went up to $99 and now down to $90.48 perhaps due to the recent changes in executives. Starbucks is always been stable and profitable. Starbucks adds executives from Domino’s, Nike and Apple to its board. Domino’s CEO Ritch Allison, Nike CFO Andrew Campion and Apple’s Managing Director of Greater China Isabel Ge Mahe joined the board on 11 September 2019. Adding these experience people will only make the business even stronger than before.
Other than that, seeing the surrounding people often buying Starbucks and even Grab has integrated GrabFood and able to deliver Starbucks coffee too. I believe the business will boost up more.
- roaster, marketer, and retailer of coffee
- as of early 2019, the company operates over 30,000 locations worldwide.
- as of April 2019, Starbucks is present on 6 continents and in 78 countries and territories, with around 27,340 Locations
- targeted quality-minded coffee drinkers with hand-made coffee based on lighter roasts, while Starbucks nowadays uses automated espresso machines for efficiency and safety reasons.
- kiosks for grab-and-go snacks and bags of whole-bean coffee would be removed from stores beginning in September 2019
My take: $83.19 in 2018 come down to $41 and now slowly moving up to $55.95, a good chance to enter. Activision still has a lot of opportunities for growth in the $140 billion video game industry.
Candy Crush is the main draw in-game advertising, they implement in-game ads to further monetize its mobile titles. Blizzard launches three new franchises in the last five years: Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, and Overwatch. Activision partnered with Tencent on the upcoming Call of Duty Mobile targeting China Market.
- Activision is a developer and publisher of interactive software products and content.
- develops and distributes content and services across various gaming platforms, including video game consoles, personal computers (PC) and mobile devices.
- segments include Activision Publishing, Inc. (Activision), Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. (Blizzard), King Digital Entertainment (King) and Other.
- Blizzard is engaged in developing and publishing interactive software products and entertainment content, particularly in PC gaming.
- King is a mobile entertainment company. It is engaged in other businesses, including The Major League Gaming (MLG) business;
- The Activision Blizzard Studios (Studios) business, and The Activision Blizzard Distribution (Distribution) business. It also develops products spanning other genres, including action/adventure, role-playing, and simulation.
Long-term Investors are The Winners
Warren Buffett once said, “I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years.”
Past track records, those who bought the stocks 10 years ago, and leave it there, doing nothing fancy, made the most profit. They only sell it when they need the money for retirement, otherwise, the periodical up and down is cyclical.
Learn more about how to invest safely in the stock market here. To understand more about Value Investing here. Any questions please feel free to leave some comments below! I will be more than happy to discuss this topic with you!
You are recommended to use the information found here as an initial starting point for conducting your research and conduct your due diligence (DD) on the featured companies to determine your own opinion of the company BEFORE investing in these or any other companies.
Accuracy of information
While the Information is considered to be true and correct at the date of publication, changes in circumstances after the time of publication may impact on the accuracy of the Information. Information may change without notice.