I am sure you heard about Lampe Berger MLM before. Have you heard of Young Living Essential Oils MLM business? Essential oils MLM companies are expanding vigorously in recent years. Is this a legit business? Young Living Essential Oils Review 2020 here will share more about, can you really make money selling essential oil, and how reputable is this company.
1. What is Young Living Essential Oils MLM?
Young Living Essential Oils based in the US, Lehi, Utah, main products are essential oils, and other Dietary Supplements, Personal Care, Diffusers, Cosmetics, Skin Care. The multi-level marketing company founded by Donald Gary Young in 1994.
The company uses Amazon as an official distribution channels and it is generating more than a billion revenue each year. It generates $5.1 billion in 2017. Revenue was 1.9 billion in 2018 and 2019, a huge decline of more than -50% growth rate, it was forecasted to make $25b by 2024.
2. Are Young Living Essential Oils Products Worth Their Price?
Essential oils and blends range between $14.14 to $244,08, for both basic and premium oil. Diffusers priced between $30 to $300, for travel and premium model. Get 24% off from wholesale prices.
Thieves essential oil- 15 ml
- Price – $34.75 (Wholesale), $45.72 (Retail)
- Ingredients – Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary
There is a comparable essential oil on the Amazon website that I found, using the same ingredients that Young Living is using for Thieve. The amount of oil is 30ml, 50% more and it cost much lower.
Divine Botanics Master Thief Synergy Blend Essential Oils – 30ml
- Price – $13.99
- Ingredients – Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus and Rosemary
3. The Young Living Essential Oils MLM Opportunity
Buying a Premium Starter Kit (PSK) Young Living Essential Oil set, immediately you will be a wholesale member and get to sign up as an Essential Rewards member.
- Enjoy 24% off retail pricing on your favorite products
- Earn rewards and a free product through our Essential Rewards loyalty program
- Take advantage of unique promotions
- Earn commissions by sharing Young Living
- Enjoy reduced shipping costs with our Essential Rewards program
- Find inspiration at special Young Living events
As an Essential Rewards member, you can earn up to 25% product credits and gifts. Points are to be used for your next order, the more points you have, the more discount you will get the next order. Each 100PV (Product Volume) Essential Rewards order in the first 3 months, you earn 10% of points, which is 10 points.
- 1-3 months: 10 percent of each Essential Rewards order PV
- 4-24 months: 20 percent of each Essential Rewards order PV
- 25+ months: 25 percent of each Essential Rewards order PV
Consecutive subscription orders for 3, 6, 9, and 12 months, you will receive a gift. After 12 months, you will only get once every 12 months.
- 3-month gift: Peppermint Vitality essential oil, 5 ml
- 6-month gift: Thieves Vitality essential oil blend, 5 ml
- 9-month gift: Tea Tree essential oil, 15 ml
- 12-month gift: Loyalty, an exclusive blend formulated by Young Living Founder D. Gary Young.
4. Can You Make Money with Young Living Essential Oils?
Commission from Downline – 1% – 8%
Same as other MLM companies, making money from Young Living starts from recruiting new members.
- In order to receive commissions, a minimum $100 spent per month is required
- Downline commission – 8% first level, 5% off your second, and 4% on the consecutive 3 levels
- 25% commission for the first 3 months on every new recruit’s purchases
- $25 cash for each new distributor you sign up from Premium Member Starter Kit
- Generation commission as per the chart below:
5. How Much Does It Cost to Join Young Living Essential Oils?
Startup Cost – $45 – $260
According to the Young Living official website, you can choose to be their Preferred Customer or Business builder. To become either one, you just have to buy a Premium Starter Kit (PSK) and enroll as a wholesale member, sign up for essential rewards, and a get 24% discount right away. Note that, you are not only a customer, you are also signing up to be a distributor.
- The potential business for essential oil, more people using essential oils to improve life
- Variety of products being developed from essential oil
- Longer business history
- The business start-up cost is low
- The fake claim of 100% pure products, synthetic content tested
- Product Misrepresentation – A warning letter from FDA over illegal marketing Young Living products as a cure for Ebola Virus and many more diseases.
- Competitive – Many more upcoming essential oils companies
- Not easy to understand compensation plans
- Not specific terms and regulations prior to sign-up online
- High-cost to maintain the membership
8. Is Young Living Essential Oils MLM a Scam?
No, Young Living is a real company that sells real products. As a consumer or business explorer, we have to do our research before buying and commiting into any business opportunity.
Nonetheless, the company claimed their essential oils are 100% pure, but they are not. Evidence found here.
The lawsuit has shown Young Living violated the 1979 Federal Trade Commission ruling that aimed to prevent MLM companies by enforcing “70/30 rule, which means distributors must sell at least 70% of their products before purchasing more. Members lose more money than make by purchasing more than selling.
The case alleged that the company claimed the “only opportunity” to earn an income is recruiting members, ended up most members must spend hundreds of dollars each month, in order to maintain the membership and eligible to make commissions from the people they recruit, and the cycle repeats.
2018 – lawsuit concluded that nearly 89% of Young Living members earned $4 yearly averagely. In 2016 and 2018, over 96% of members lost money “working for” the company, some may lose a few hundred to thousand dollars.
Young Living Essential Oils Review 2020 – To read more about other lawsuits that go against Young Living here.
Important note: FAQ on the website
- If I want to cancel my subscription to the Essential Rewards program, can I do so online? No. All Essential Rewards subscription cancellations must be over the phone with one of our helpful Member Services agents.
- Do I need to place an order every month? Yes. The Essential Rewards program offers rewards for shipments that process each month. Discounted shipping, earning loyalty gifts and rewards points, and maintaining higher rewards points percentages are contingent upon placing consecutive orders.
9. Final Thoughts
That’s all for my Young Living Essential Oils Review 2020. Looking at a tranquility lifestyle, stress-free career, and a farm produce essential oil as your own business can be very tempting. Do not forget a beautiful picture is always the first thing being portrayed by a salesman that can sell. MLM has the best salesman in the world.
Considering a 9-5 job, or even longer hours with a salary, you may have to reconsider the time spent over the commission made. Most importantly, sustainability.
If having a long term income by a business you build is crucial for you, check out #1 recommendation on how to start an online business. What you will get is all the tools and info that you need to succeed including a website, hosting, 24/7 support, and good training.
Do you like my sharing of “Young Living Essential Oils Review 2020”? Do leave me some thoughts below and I will reply!